101 Christmas trivia questions and answers for kids and adults!
Have fun making a holiday quiz with these fun questions about Christmas!
Are you looking for a fun and festive way to keep your kids entertained during the holiday season?
Look no further than Christmas trivia questions!
Whether you’re hosting a Christmas party, family gathering, or want to add extra cheer to your day, Christmas trivia is a great way to test your knowledge of all things holiday-related.
From easy holiday questions for kids to more challenging ones for adults, there are endless possibilities for Christmas trivia games and quizzes.
So, grab your Santa hat and get ready for some fun with Christmas trivia questions and answers, Christmas quiz games, holiday trivia, and more!
101 Christmas Trivia Questions And Answers
Asking fun Christmas and holiday trivia is an excellent way for families to bond and have fun during the holidays.
It encourages friendly competition and helps to create a festive atmosphere.
It also allows family members to learn more about holiday traditions and history.
Easy Christmas Trivia For Kids
Use these Christmas trivia questions and answers to organize a holiday trivia game!
1. Q: What is Santa’s favorite animal?
2. Q: Who is Santa’s forever girlfriend?
A: Mrs. Clause
3. Q: Where is Santa’s house?
A: North Pole
4. Q: How many reindeer does Santa have to guide the sleigh?
5. Q: If you are naughty, what will Santa leave in your stocking?
A: A lump of coal.
6. Q: How does Santa see to guide his sleigh?
A: Rudolph’s red nose
7. Q: What is Santa’s most famous three words?
A: “Ho, Ho, Ho”
8. Q: What are two popular names for Santa Claus?
A: Kris Kringle and Saint Nick
9. Q: What is the name of the most famous Christmas ballet of all time?
A: The Nutcracker
10. Q: If you stand under this with someone else during the Christmas season, you have to kiss them.
11. Q: How does baby Buddy the Elf reach the North Pole?
A: By crawling in Santa’s sack.
12. Q: In the, “Twelve Days of Christmas” song, what is the partridge sitting on?
A: pear tree
13. Q: What red and green plant is used to decorate during Christmas?
14. Q: What is the name of the train that you would need to take to get to the North Pole on Christmas Eve?
A: The Polar Express
15. Q: What reindeer has a red nose?
16. Q: What did Cindy Lou Who see The Grinch stealing in, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
A: the Christmas tree
17. Q: Name the Christmas decoration made of strands of silver?
18. Q: Name 2 food items people sometimes hang on their Christmas tree.
A: candy canes and popcorn
19. Q: Who are Santa’s “employees” at the North Pole?
A: the elves
20. Q: What did the reindeers stop Rudolph from doing?
A: joining any reindeer games
21. Q: What famous city did Buddy the Elf travel to in order to find his dad?
A: New York City
22. Q: What are the traditional Christmas colors?
A: red and green
23. Q: What food and drink do you leave Santa on Christmas Eve?
A: milk and cookies
24. Q: Where are most stockings hung?
A: Over the fireplace
25. Q: What is fun to ride in the song, “Jingle-Bells”?
A: A one-horse open sleigh
26. Q: In, “The Christmas Song,” who is kissing Santa?
27. Q: What Christmas carol is also called, “The Counting Song?”
A: The Twelve Days of Christmas
28. Q: Where was Jesus laid after he was born?
A: In a manger.
29. Q: What is Santa’s mode of transportation?
A: the sleigh
30. Q: In, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” what is the name of the Grinch’s dog?
31. Q: Where did Kevin’s family go for Christmas in the movie, “Home Alone?”
A: Paris, France
32. Q: What gift is given on the 5th day of Christmas in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
A: 5 Golden Rings
33. Q: According to Buddy the Elf, what is the best way to spread Christmas Cheer?
A: “Singing loud for all to hear.”
34. Q: Who brought Frosty back to life in the movie, “Frosty the Snowman?”
35. Q: How often does Santa check his list to see who has been naughty or nice?
A: 2 times
36. Q: What causes Frosty to dance around?
A: When a magic hat is placed on his head.
37. Q: What three words describe The Grinch in, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”?
A: stink, stank, stunk
38. Q: Who’s birthday is celebrated at Christmas?
39. Q: What do most people use for the nose on a snowman?
A: A carrot or a button
40. Q: What are the 4 main food groups according to Buddy the Elf?
A: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup
41. Q: What is the name given to December 24th, the day before Christmas?
A: Christmas Eve
42. Q: What color is Santa’s belt?
43. Q: What food do you leave for the reindeer?
44. Q: What kind of cookie house are fun to make and decorate?
A: Gingerbread Houses
45. Q: Do Christmas trees wear skirts or dresses?
A: A Christmas skirt
46. Q: What plant is The Grinch, “as cuddly as”?
A: a cactus
47. Q: What is Scrooge’s first name in, “A Christmas Carol”?
48. Q: In the song, “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” what kind of pudding do we ask for?
A: figgy pudding
49. Q: What does my true love give me on the 5 th day of Christmas?
A: 5 golden rings
50. Q: What does it mean to say, “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”?
A: You are wishing for a Christmas with snow!
51. Q: What color is associated with the shopping day to start the Christmas season which is the day after Thanksgiving?
A: “Black” Friday
52. Q: What type of meat is usually served for Christmas dinner?
A: turkey or ham
53. Q: What are Frosty the Snowman’s eyes usually made out of?
54. Q: What is the last line in the story, “Twas the Night Before Christmas?”
A: “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.”
Related Post: 101 Funny Winter Jokes
Christmas Trivia For Adults and Teens
1. Q: Name Santa’s nine reindeer.
A: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
2. Q: What is the most-recorded Christmas carol of all time?
A: “Silent Night”
3. Q: What three gifts did the wise men bring baby Jesus?
A: Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
4. Q: What is the name of the day after Christmas Day?
A: Boxing Day
5. Q: When was St. Nicolas born?
A: Around 280 A.D.
6. Q: Where did candy canes originate from?
7. Q: Where is Santa’s house?
A: North Pole
8. Q: Which company first used Santa Clause in their advertisements?
A: Coca Cola
9. Q: In which country is a witch believed to drop gifts for kids through chimneys at Christmas?
10. Q: What is the name of the reindeer that is also used for another holiday mascot?
11. Q: Where did Mary, Joseph, and Jesus travel after leaving Bethlehem?
12. Q: Who was the person that invented the first strand of Christmas lights?
A: Thomas Edison
13. Q: What two things do most people put on top of a Christmas tree?
A: a star or an angel
14. Q: When do the people who live in Australia celebrate Christmas?
A: In the summer.
15. Q: Who wrote The Christmas Carol?
A: Charles Dickens
16. Q: In what country did the custom of putting up a Christmas tree start?
17. Q: What is another name for eggnog?
A: Milk punch
18. Q: What are the 3 most famous classic Christmas movies?
A: Miracle on 34 th Street, The Christmas story, It’s a Wonderful Life
19. Q: Which toy invented in 1903 is derived from a US President?
A: teddy bear
Related Post: 125 Best Christmas Movies Of All Time
Related Post: How To Have A Magical Christmas With No Money
Christmas Quiz With Answers
20. Q: What department store is, “Miracle on 34 th Street” based on?
21. Q: What was the 1st Christmas carol to broadcast on the radio in 1906?
A: “O Holy Night”
22. Q: Where was Home Alone filmed?
A: Winnetka, Illinois
23. Q: What famous story was inspired by gingerbread?
A: Hansel and Gretel
24. Q: What is the most popular kind of tree to use as a Christmas tree?
A: Nordamm Fir
25. Q: What Christmas carol was the first broadcast on TV?
A: Jingle Bells
26. Q: What type of Christmas did Elvis have?
A: A blue Christmas
27. Q: Who is Ralphie’s little brother in, “A Christmas Story”?
28. Q: Which Christmas song is the most published?
A: Joy to the World
29. Q: How many gifts would you receive if you were given all the gifts in, “The Twelve Days of Christmas”?
A: 364 gifts
30. Q: What year was the 1st Rockefeller Center Christmas tree displayed in New York City?
31. Q: How many ghosts show up in a Christmas Carol?
32. Q: What is the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
A: Home Alone
33. Q: When did Christmas become a national holiday?
A: June 28, 1870
34. Q: What ornament is considered lucky if found in the Christmas tree?
A: a pickle ornament
35. Q: What is Santa’s Spanish name?
A: Papa Noel
36. Q: What song does the Peanuts gang sing in, “A Charlie Brown Christmas?”
A: Hark the Herald Angels Sing
37. Q: In what year did Christmas become a holiday?
38. Q: What latin word means, “birth?”
39. Q: In what country was Saint Nicholas born?
40. Q: What classic Christmas movie inspired the television show, “The Wonder Years”?
A: “A Christmas Story”
41. Q: Who is the actor to play Santa in the movie, “The Santa Claus”?
A: Tim Allen
42. Q: What type of calendar is used to countdown to Christmas Day?
A: Advent calendar
Holiday Questions And Answers
43. Q: How many Christmas trees are sold in the United States each year?
A: About 25-30 million
44. Q: What type of bird is most associated with Christmas and usually found on Christmas cards?
45. Q: How many lights were on the Griswold’s house in “Christmas Vacation”?
46. Q: Which US state was the first to declare Christmas an official holiday?
47. Q: Which department store 1st used Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in their ads?
A: Montgomery Ward
48. Q: How many Americans celebrate Christmas?
A: 9 in 10
49. Q: In the movie, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” what was the name of Rudolph’s elf friend?
50. Q: What state produces the most Christmas trees?
51. Q: How much should you cut off the bottom of the Christmas tree before placing it in the stand of water?
A: About ½ of an inch
52. Q: What is the most disliked Christmas song among Americans?
A: “Santa Baby”
53. Q: Which US president signed a proclamation to declare Christmas a national holiday?
A: Ulysses S. Grant
54. Q: What are the five greatest Christmas songs of all time?
A: “All I Want for Christmas is You”
“Jingle Bell Rock”
“The Christmas Song”
“A Holly Jolly Christmas”
55. Q: What percentage of people return at least 1 of their holiday gifts?
A: At least 66%
Related Post: 20 Fun Things To Do On Christmas Eve
Related Post: The Ultimate Christmas Bucket List Ideas That Are FREE
Playing a Christmas quiz is a fun and engaging activity that people of all ages can enjoy.
It is a great way to break the ice and get everyone involved in the holiday spirit.
Teachers can use these fun Christmas questions to ask kids Christmas trivia in school before the holiday break!
At home, parents can ask their kids holiday questions during family gatherings or meals or even create a fun holiday-themed quiz night.
Playing Christmas trivia is not only fun for kids, but it is also a great activity for adults and families to enjoy together.
Use this as one of your meaningful holiday traditions to bond with your family!
So, make some memories and ask some questions about Christmas this holiday season!