Teen Summer Bucket List Ideas To Have The Best Summer Ever!
Plenty of teen summer activities to try before the school year starts.
If you are a teen searching for “fun things for teens to do near me” or a parent wondering what do teenagers do for fun, this huge list is for you!
Summer is the perfect time for teenagers to enjoy downtime and have fun.
With school out of the way, it’s time to make the most of the warm weather and sunshine.
Whether you’re looking for something to do with your friends or want to try something new, we have found plenty of activities to keep you busy.
To help you make the most of your summer, I have compiled a list of fun activities that are perfect for teenagers.
From outdoor adventures to indoor crafts, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you’re into sports, art, or just hanging out with friends, there’s bound to be something you’ll enjoy here.
Teen Summer Bucket List
It doesn’t matter if you have a summer vacation planned or looking for activities in your own backyard, this ultimate list of summer bucket list ideas has plenty to offer!
How To Make A Summer Bucket List For Teenagers
First, let’s go over how you can make a summer bucket list for teens.
- Brainstorm: Start by thinking about the summer bucket list ideas you’re interested in and would like to do. Consider summer activities you’ve always wanted to try, whether they’re new or something you’ve done before.
- Include a variety of summer activities for teens: Make sure to include activities that range from easy to difficult and from alone time to socializing. This will help keep you motivated and allow you to explore various interests.
- Set goals: Each activity on your bucket list should have a specific goal in mind. This might be to learn a new skill, spend time with friends, or take steps toward a future career.
- Stay focused: Keep your list focused on realistic goals that will help you accomplish something meaningful. Avoid including activities that are too expensive, too difficult, or impossible to accomplish.
- Reach out to your best friends: Maybe your friends would like to help, then you can brainstorm together and make a summer bucket list with friends!
Summer Activities For Teens: Outdoor Activities
As a teenager, summer is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.
So grab your sunscreen, and let’s get started!
Here are some of my favorite outdoor activities to add to your summer bucket list:
Spending a day at the beach is a classic summer activity.
Whether you prefer swimming in the ocean, building sandcastles, or simply lounging in the sun, there’s something for everyone.
Some of my favorite beach activities include:
- Playing beach volleyball or frisbee
- Going for a walk or jog along the shore
- Renting a paddleboard or kayak
- Having a picnic on the beach with friends
- Having an epic sandcastle building contest
Hiking is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the great outdoors.
There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, ranging from easy to challenging.
Here are some tips for a successful hiking trip:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring plenty of water and snacks
- Use sunscreen and insect repellent
- Stay on the designated trails
- Always let someone know where you’re going and when you plan to return
Camping is a fun way to spend a weekend or even a week during the summer.
Whether you prefer tent camping or RV camping, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Some of my favorite camping activities include:
- Building a campfire and roasting marshmallows
- Going for a hike or nature walk
- Playing games like cards or board games
- Stargazing at night
Overall, there are plenty of outdoor activities to add to your summer bucket list.
Whether you prefer the beach, hiking, or camping, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
So get outside, soak up the sun, and make some memories this summer!
Teen’s Summer Bucket List: Arts and Crafts
As someone who loves to create, I always make sure to include some arts and crafts activities in my summer bucket list.
Here are some fun and easy ideas to try out:
DIY Tie-dye Shirts
Tie-dye is a classic summer activity that never gets old.
You can easily find tie-dye kits at your local craft store or online.
You only need plain white T-shirts, rubber bands, and dye.
To create unique and colorful shirts, you can experiment with different tie-dye patterns like spirals or stripes.
Grap this Tie-Dye Party kit and get started!
Create a Scrapbook
Scrapbooking is a great way to preserve your summer memories and get creative at the same time.
You can use a physical scrapbook or create a digital one using websites like Canva.
Print out your favorite photos, ticket stubs, and other memorabilia and arrange them visually appealingly.
Also, you can add stickers, washi tape, and other embellishments to make your scrapbook even more personalized.
There are so many scrapbook ideas to choose from!
Painting and Drawing
If you enjoy painting or drawing, summer is the perfect time to practice your skills.
You can set up an outdoor painting station or take a sketchbook to the park.
Take inspiration from your surroundings and create art that reflects the beauty of summer.
You can also experiment with different mediums like watercolors or acrylics to create unique pieces.
There are plenty of free youtube channel tutorials to help you out.
Overall, arts and crafts are a great way to express your creativity and have fun during the summer.
Whether you’re tie-dying shirts with friends or creating a scrapbook of your adventures, these activities are sure to add some color to your summer bucket list.
Teenage Bucket List: Sports and Fitness
As a mom, I know how important it is for teenagers to stay active during summer.
Here are some great sports and fitness activities that you can add to your summer bucket list.
Join a Sports Team Or Sports Camp
Joining a sports team is a great way to stay active and meet new people.
There are many different sports teams that you can join, such as soccer, basketball, or volleyball.
Not only will you get to play your favorite sport, but you will also get to compete against other teams and improve your skills.
Swimming is a great way to stay cool during the hot summer months while also getting a great workout.
Whether you swim laps at your local pool or go for a dip in the lake, swimming is a fun and refreshing way to stay active.
Plus, it’s a low-impact exercise that is easy on your joints.
Bike riding is a fun and easy way to stay active during the summer.
You can ride your bike around your neighborhood, explore local trails, or even go on a long-distance bike trip.
Not only is a bike ride a great way to stay fit, but it’s also an eco-friendly mode of transportation.
Remember, staying active during the summer doesn’t have to be boring or tedious.
Adding these sports and fitness activities to your summer bucket list lets you have fun while staying healthy and fit.
Go To A Baseball Game
Baseball games are one of the ultimate summer pastimes!
They have a unique and lively atmosphere that can be a lot of fun to be a part of.
You’ll be surrounded by cheering fans, music, and food vendors, which can all add to the excitement of the game.
You can also get involved in the game by cheering on your favorite team, doing the wave, or even catching a foul ball.
So grab your friends, and be sure to go to a baseball game this summer!
Make Some Extra Money For Your Bucket List
I know that a summer job probably isn’t on your summer bucket list, but you probably need some extra money to help pay for your summer fun!
Here are a few ways teens can make quick money in the summer:
Babysitting: Teenagers can babysit for families in their neighborhoods or community. They can advertise their services by posting flyers or ads on social media websites.
Babysitters may charge an hourly rate of $10 to $15, depending on the location.
Mowing lawns: Teenagers can offer to mow lawns for their neighbors or local parks. They can set their rates based on the size of the lawn, the location, and the type of service provided.
Pet walking and pet sitting: Teenagers can offer dog walking and pet sitting services for people on vacation or working long hours.
They can post ads on social media sites or offer their services to their local community.
Advertise On Your Car: If you are old enough to drive, think about advertising on your car.
Many companies pay up to $700 a month for advertising. Check out HyreCar for more info.
Tutoring: Teenagers who excel in a subject can offer tutoring services to other students who need help during the summer.
They can advertise their services on social media sites or tutoring websites. The rate will depend on the subject, location, and level of tutoring needs.
Online surveys: Teenagers can take online surveys for market research firms and earn a few dollars per survey completed.
The amount they can earn largely depends on how much time they can dedicate to taking surveys. Check out this list of FREE Apps to pay money for surveys and games.
Have A Garage Sale: Sell that used and unwanted stuff, just hoarding space in your garage or basement. It is a great way to make money and help declutter your home!
Ultimate Summer Bucket List: Travel and Adventure
As a teen, summer is the perfect time to explore new places and have exciting adventures.
Here are some travel and adventure ideas to add to your summer bucket list:
Road Trip with Friends
One of older teens’ most classic summer activities is taking a road trip with friends.
Plan a route, pack some snacks, and hit the open road. You can make stops at roadside attractions, try new foods, and take plenty of photos along the way.
Plus, road trips are a great way to bond with your friends and create unforgettable memories.
Visit a National Park
If you’re looking to get in touch with nature this summer, consider visiting a national park.
There are over 60 national parks in the United States, each with its own unique features and landscapes.
You can go hiking or camping or even try outdoor activities like kayaking or rock climbing.
Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the stunning views.
Explore a New City
If you’re more of a city person, why not explore a new city this summer?
Pick a destination you’ve never been to before and spend a few days exploring all it offers.
Plan out a few day trips to a nearby city. You can visit museums, try new restaurants, and even take a guided tour to learn more about the city’s history and culture.
No matter what type of adventure you choose, summer is the perfect time to explore new places and create unforgettable memories with your friends.
Visit A College Campus
Visiting a college campus can be a fun and informative activity for teens who are thinking about going to college.
Here’s how to do it:
- Research colleges you’re interested in visiting. Look at their websites and see if they offer campus tours for prospective students.
- Schedule a campus tour. You can usually do this online or by calling the college. Make sure to choose a date and time that works for you.
- Prepare for your visit. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, and bring a notepad and pen to take notes.
- Attend the campus tour. You’ll learn about the college’s history, academic programs, student life, and more. You’ll also get to see different parts of the campus, such as classrooms, dorms, and dining halls.
- Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask your tour guide or other college representatives any questions you have about the college. This is your chance to learn as much as you can about the college and see if it’s a good fit for you.
Try Out A Summer Camp
Trying out a summer camp can be a fun and exciting way to spend your summer.
Research summer camps in your area.
Look online or ask your friends and family for recommendations.
There are many types of summer camps, such as sports, music, and art.
You’ll usually need to fill out an application and pay a fee to register.
Entertainment: Things To Do With Teenagers Near Me
As a mom, I am always looking for ways for my teens to have fun and be entertained during the summer.
Here are some of my favorite entertainment ideas for the summer.
One easy way to spend a lazy summer day is by having a movie marathon with friends.
Pick a theme or a series of movies and spend the day watching them.
Make sure to have plenty of snacks and drinks, and take breaks between movies to stretch your legs and chat.
It’s a great way to relax and have fun with friends on a rainy summer day!
Concerts and Festivals
Summer is also the perfect time to attend concerts and festivals.
There are always so many great artists and bands on tour in the summer, and there are plenty of outdoor music festivals to choose from.
I like checking out local events and seeing if any of my favorite artists perform nearby.
It’s a great way to experience live music and make some amazing memories.
Another fun idea for summer entertainment is to visit an amusement park.
There are many great rides and attractions to enjoy, and it’s a perfect way to spend a hot summer day.
My teens like to go with a group of friends and ride all the roller coasters and thrill rides.
Also, make sure to try all the different foods and treats available at the park.
Overall, there are many great entertainment options for teenagers during the summer.
Whether you prefer movies, music, or amusement parks, there is something for everyone.
I can’t wait to try these ideas with my older kids this summer.
Summer Activities To Do At Home
Learn A New Language
Learning a new language can be a fun and interesting way to learn about different cultures.
You can learn about the customs, traditions, and history of the people who speak the language you’re learning.
This can help you better appreciate diversity and broaden your worldview.
Try using Babbl because it’s an easy way to learn a new language fast.
Have Water Fun In Your Backyard
It’s time to get out the water balloons or favorite slip-n-slide!
You are never too old to have fun with water.
Check out these fun backyard water toys!
Make Homemade Ice-cream
Making homemade ice cream can be a fun summer activity for teens!
You can get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
Making homemade ice cream can be a social activity that allows teens to spend time with friends and family.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, no problem; here is a list of 20 No Churn Homemade Ice-cream Recipes.
Make Homemade Popsicles
Making homemade popsicles is a fun and easy activity. Here’s a basic recipe:
- 1 cup fruit juice (orange, apple, grape, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Add popsicle sticks (purchased at a craft store) about 1/2 hour after freezing so the sticks stay upright.
- To easily remove popsicles when ready to eat, run the popsicle mold under warm water for a few seconds, then gently twist off.
You can also experiment with different flavors and combinations of fruit and yogurt to make your own unique popsicles.
Here is a list of 25 homemade popsicle recipes.
Try A Challenge
Summer is the perfect time to challenge yourself.
Try a kindness challenge to help the community while feeling good about yourself.
Try an easy penny-saving challenge to save up money!
Or try a self-care challenge to change your mind and body!
Have A Slumber Party
A slumber party is a fun way to spend time with friends.
You can invite your friends over to your house or go to a friend’s house.
You’ll need some snacks, drinks, and games to play.
You can also watch movies, do each other’s hair and makeup, and tell ghost stories.
Make A Time Capsule
A time capsule is a container that you fill with things that are important to you right now.
You can bury it in your backyard or hide it in a closet and open it in the future to see how things have changed.
You can include things like pictures, letters, newspaper clippings, or small items that have special meaning to you.
Make A Vision Board
A vision board is a way to visualize your goals and dreams.
You can create a collage of pictures, words, and quotes that inspire you and represent the things you want to achieve.
You can use magazines, newspapers, or printouts from the internet to find images and words that resonate with you.
Hang your vision board somewhere you’ll see it every day to remind you of your goals.
Try Out A New Look
Trying out a new look is a fun way to express yourself and experiment with different styles.
You can try a new hairstyle, makeup look, or outfit. You can also have fun with accessories like hats, scarves, and jewelry.
Don’t be afraid to try something new and see how it makes you feel! Or try a glow-up challenge.
Learn Some Magic Tricks
Learning magic tricks is a fun way to impress your friends and family. You can find tutorials online or in books at the library.
Start with simple tricks and practice until you feel confident performing them.
You can also create your own tricks and show them off to your friends.
Have A Photo Shoot
A photo shoot is a fun way to capture memories with your friends.
You can use your phone or a camera to take pictures of each other in different poses and outfits.
You can also use props like hats, sunglasses, and balloons to make the pictures more fun. Get creative and have fun!
Teen Summer Activities: Community Service
Teenagers should know it’s important to give back to the community and help those in need.
Community service benefits those you are serving and helps you develop valuable skills and gain a sense of fulfillment.
Here are three community service ideas for your summer bucket list:
Volunteer at a Local Animal Shelter
Volunteering at a local shelter is a great way to help animals in need and make a difference in your community.
You can walk dogs, play with cats, and help with cleaning and feeding.
It’s a rewarding experience that can teach you responsibility, empathy, and compassion.
Participate in a Beach Cleanup
Beaches are beautiful, but they are also often littered with trash.
Participating in a beach cleanup is a great way to help the environment and keep our oceans clean.
You can join a local organization or organize your own cleanup with friends and family.
Bring gloves, trash bags, and sunscreen, and spend a few hours picking up litter and making a difference.
Organize a Food Drive
Organizing a food drive is a great way to help those who are less fortunate and struggling to put food on the table.
You can work with a local food bank or homeless shelter to collect non-perishable food items and distribute them to those in need.
You can also set up a collection box at your school or church and encourage others to donate.
Remember, community service is a great way to make a difference in your community and develop valuable skills.
Whether volunteering at a local shelter, participating in a beach cleanup, or organizing a food drive, you can positively impact those around you.
So add community service to your summer bucket list and make a difference this summer!
Summer Bucket List Ideas For Teenagers
Here is an example of our teen summer bucket list.
There are plenty of fun summer things to do with teenagers near me, so we want to make the most of it!
- Attend a music festival – Listen to your favorite bands live and enjoy the outdoor atmosphere.
- Go on a camping trip – Disconnect from technology and explore nature.
- Volunteer at a local charity – Help those in need and gain valuable experience.
- Learn a new language – Enhance your communication skills and cultural understanding.
- Visit a water park – Cool off from the summer heat and ride thrilling water slides.
- Take a road trip – Explore new places and create unforgettable memories.
- Go on a hiking adventure – Challenge yourself with a new trail and enjoy breathtaking views.
- Attend a sports camp – Improve your skills and meet new friends.
- Host a BBQ/Pool party – Gather your friends and family for a fun day of food and games.
- Participate in a community service project – Help your community and make a positive impact.
- Try new foods – Experiment with different cuisines and broaden your palate.
- Attend a sleepover camp – Create lasting friendships and enjoy a variety of activities.
- Learn a new skill – Take a class or workshop to develop a new talent.
- Have a movie marathon – Relax and binge-watch your favorite films.
- Attend a theme park – Ride thrilling roller coasters and enjoy amusement park attractions.
- Dance at a music concert – Have fun and enjoy the live entertainment.
- Participate in a water sport – Surf, paddleboard, or kayak in the ocean or lake.
- Read a book – Get lost in a good story and expand your knowledge.
- Visit a national park – Explore beautiful natural wonders and learn about conservation.
- Participate in a summer sports league – Play a team sport and compete against other teams.
- Have a beach day – Soak up some sun and relax on the sand.
- Create art – Paint, draw, or sculpt to express your creativity.
- Visit museums and art galleries – Learn about history and appreciate art.
- Go stargazing – Observe constellations and enjoy the night sky.
- Practice meditation or yoga – Reduce stress and improve mental health.
Related Post: How To Make a Summer Bucket List With Friends
Benefits of creating a summer bucket list for teens:
- Helps you stay motivated: Setting goals and having a plan for your summer activities can help you stay motivated and focused throughout the summer.
- Encourages personal growth: By trying new things and exploring different interests, you will step out of your comfort zone and learn new things about yourself.
- Keeps you busy and active: A well-planned summer bucket list can keep you busy and active during the summer break.
- Builds social connections: Participating in activities with friends can strengthen your social connections and build friendships.
- New experiences: Making a teen bucket list for summer can help you discover new places, learn new life skills, or even a new sport!
How To Make The Most Of Your Ultimate Summer Bucket List
Remember to stay flexible and willing to adjust your plans if unexpected opportunities arise.
Also, you should share your bucket list with friends or family members and encourage them to help you find ways to do all the summer activities on your list.
Most importantly, enjoy yourself and have fun exploring new experiences and opportunities!
What is your teen bucket list? Let us know in the comments!