101 fun questions to ask kids to know get to know them better! Great conversation starters to bond with your kids over dinner or a long car ride.
Kids ask us 100’s of questions a day. Some studies even suggest that preschoolers ask around 300 questions a day!
Let’s turn the tables and ask our kids some questions.
Some of these questions will really delve into your child’s personality therefore getting to know them even better.
Others are just plain funny questions to let kids use their imagination.
I like to ask 3-4 of these questions when we are at the dinner table to really get the whole family involved. It is a fun time that we all enjoy.
These are also great questions to ask on long car rides.
Kids love to be interviewed! It lets them know that you are interested in who they are.
Don’t forget to play along and let your child know what your answer would be. Kids love to know that their parents have silly ideas too.
So skip the “how was your day” and ask your kids these fun questions instead!
101 Fun Questions To Ask Kids
1. If you wanted to make everyone on the planet smile, how would you do it?
2. If you had a time machine where would you go? Why?
3. What is one thing you would change about the world?
4. Imagine you just won a million dollars, what would you buy first?
5. What is something that helps you fall asleep at night?
6. If you could change your whole name, what would you change it to?
7. If the sky could rain food, what food would you like for it to rain down?
8. What is something that makes our family special?
9. If our whole family lived in a zoo, what kind of animals would each person be?
10. What makes you feel happy?
11. When you are angry, how do you deal with those feelings?
12. If you had to pick a theme song to describe you, what would it be?
13. What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
14. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would be your three wishes?
15. What has been the best dream you ever had?
16. What has been your worst nightmare?
17. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
18. What do you think is the meaning of life?
19. What do you think is the most difficult job in the world? Why?
20. What do you think is the best job in the world? Why?
22. What would life be like if no one had a phone?
23. If you could make a new animal, what would it be?
24. If we had to leave today and you could only bring one thing, what would you bring?
25. If you could be any age for the rest of your life, what age would you be? Why?
26. What do you look forward to when you wake up every day?
27. What is your favorite dessert?
28. When was the last time you felt lonely and what made you feel better?
29. If you could meet a famous person, who would it be?
30. If you could meet someone from the past, who would it be?
31. Has there ever been a question you wanted to ask but didn’t?
32. If you could only eat food that is the same color for the REST of your life, what color would you choose?
33. What was the worst thing you have ever eaten? Why was it so bad?
34. If you could put ANYTHING on top of a pizza, what would you pick?
35. If your toys were like Toy Story and could talk and play when you aren’t around, what do you think they would do?
36. If you were as small as an ant, how would you describe our house?
37. What is your favorite word?
38. If you could invent something to make life easier, what would you invent?
39. What are 4 things your friends would say that you are really good at?
40. If you could pick one really nice thing to do for someone, what would it be and who would it be for?
41. What nice things have your friends done for you?
42. If you got to be the parent for the day, what rules would you have?
43. When was the last time you felt really lucky that something good happened to you?
44. What smell brings back a memory for you? What is the memory?
45. If your favorite color had a smell, what would it smell like?
46. What do you want your future to be like?
47. What scares you the most?
48. What is the biggest lesson you have ever learned?
49. When was the last time you laughed really hard and what was it about?
50. If you went on a treasure hunt, what treasure would you like to find?
51. What are some of your goals and how do you plan to reach them?
52. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or be invisible?
53. If someone made a movie about you, what would it be called?
54. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? Why?
55. What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
56. If you could make a law, what would it be?
57. Would you rather live back in time or the future?
58. Would you rather go to outer-space or dive to the deepest part of the ocean?
59. How would you describe a perfect day?
60. What was your favorite birthday so far? Why?
61. Would you rather fly a plane or drive a submarine?
62. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
63. If you could design a new clothing line that everyone would wear, what would it look like?
64. What is something you are not allowed to do, that you wish you could do?
65. Would you rather be a bird or a fish?
66. Would you rather be a camel or a penguin?
67. What is your favorite thing to wear?
68. If you could change your hair color, what would you change it to?
69. If only one of your toys could come alive and play with you, which one would it be?
70. What is your favorite song to sing?
71. What is your favorite song to listen to?
72. Which musical instrument would you want to play?
73. If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
74. If you had to spend the day as an animal, what animal would you be? What things would you do?
75. What is your favorite bug?
76. If you could fly, where would you fly to?
77. If you were going to collect something, what would it be? Why?
78. Imagine you were allowed to make the biggest mess EVER, how would you make it?
79. What is your favorite toy?
80. What do you love to learn about? What is your favorite subject?
81. If you found a message in a bottle at the beach, what do you think it would say?
82. If you love someone, what are the ways you can show it?
83. Imagine you traded places with our pet. What would the best part and worst part of your day?
84. Do you think pets dream? What about?
85. Do you think you are a good friend? Why?
86. If you could invent a dance move, what would it be? Show me!
87. If you could be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
88. If you could teleport somewhere, where would you go?
89. What would you name a hurricane?
90. If you were the only person on earth, what would be the first thing you would do?
91. What do you think is the worst chore? Why?
92. If your life was a T.V. show, what would it be about?
93. If you could be on a T.V. show, which one would it be?
94. If you were a toy, what toy would you be?
95. What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
96. Which sense is your favorite, seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, or feeling?
97. What is your favorite season? Why?
98. If you could talk to an animal, what do you think they would say?
99. If the phone rang right now, who would you want it to be?
100. If you had to pick someone else to be you for a day, who would you pick?
101. What are you most thankful for?
Don’t stop here, check out the Smart Mom Resources page for MORE time-saving & budget-friendly MOM HACKS!
Plus, you can sign up for new Mom Hacks to be sent to your inbox monthly. That’s right just once a month, because we barely have time for anything as is, so spamming your inbox is a guaranteed NO.
Do you have any fun questions that you ask your kids? PLEASE let me know in the comments 🙂